Home Improvement and Remodeling
You can increase the appeal (and value!) of any home by committing to some simple home improvement tips that are budget-friendly and DIY-worthy. If an overhead rack isn’t the right fit for your kitchen, consider installing a pegboard. Popularized by famous chef Julia Child, use a pegboard with hooks to hang pots, pans, and other tools. Overhead racks start at $50 and need to be installed in the joists on your ceiling to make sure they can hold the weight of your pots and pans. If the wall you want to remove isn’t below one of these beams, it’s much less likely to be a load-bearing wall.
- It’s been through a lot of changes since then, but the Emmy-winning PBS hit still stands out as one of the most trusted and beloved home renovation shows ever made.
- LEDs have been around for a few years now and we all know basically 3 things about them.
- But like most TV series, it doesn’t matter where you actually are as long as you act like you’re somewhere else.
- What if there were a way to know what they know about home improvement?
- Local authority loans are available to owner-occupiers towards the cost of necessary works to improve, repair or extend their existing houses.
I am planning to installPVC window trim with vinyl siding that already exists on the house. Right now, the windows meet the siding with only J channel between them. In preparation for the installation of the PVC trim, I just want to make sure that I … I have all sorts of outlets that will ruin the look and so I plan to wire wiremold under the cabinets and move the existing outlets to the far side of the wall to satisfy code requirements. What is lighter than Dove Wing but can still be paired with a white trim . Trim in whole house is simply white but i dont want simply white on the walls.
The gray is on-trend, but also timeless; It works in both modern and traditional home design. Emma’s work has been featured in Huffington Post, NPR and XOJane. When she’s not combing her neighborhood for open houses, she’s writing about technology, real estate or data.
Install a Ceiling Fan
For a unique, eclectic look, scour antique shops for hardware pieces. Transform the mood of the kitchen with a bold new backsplash in ceramic or glass tile. Just make sure the wall is sound before you start the installation. Choosing one color and clean-lined tile for the backsplash in a small kitchen keeps the look uncluttered and roomy. If you have a window that faces frigid winter winds, replace it with a high-efficiency unit.
All you need are a few basic supplies and a free weekend to totally transform the look of a laundry room, bathroom or anywhere in your home that’s plagued by old or dirty tile. You can do it all for less than $50 and with no special equipment. Expand your storage space and learn the basics of home improvement woodworking by building and hanging custom shelving in your garage.